Case submission opens on 13 September 2019.
Share your research .
Give the best exposure to your research and science. Submit your case to present your work. The EAHP-SH 2020 Scientific Committee is now accepting cases. The submission deadline has been extended until 10 January 2020, 23:59 (CET).
Please read the essentials for cases carefully as abstracts not prepared correctly, will not be considered for presentation.
LYMPHOMA WORKSHOPS .
We are seeking cases that illustrate the following:
Diagnostic Pitfalls and Grey Zones around Classic Hodgkin Lymphoma
Examples include: reactive lymphadenopathy mimicking classic Hodgkin lymphoma, T-cell lymphoma.
The Spectrum of mediastinal large B-Cell Lymphoma
Examples include: cases with unusual clinical features (such as presentation at non-mediastinal site), the grey zone between primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma (LBCL) and nodal diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, the grey zone between mediastinal LBCL and classic Hodgkin lymphoma.
Problem Cases of Nodular Lymphocyte Predominant Hodgkin Lymphoma (NLPHL)
- Problem Cases of nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma (NLPHL) including those related to transformation.
Examples include: variant immunoarchitectural patterns, the grey zone between NLPHL and T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma
Problems in the Diagnosis of aggressive B-cell Lymphoma
- Problems in the diagnosis of aggressive B-cell Lymphoma other than diffuse large B-cell Lymphoma NOS.
Examples include: MYC negative Burkitt lymphoma, high-grade B-cell lymphoma NOS, high grade-B-cell lymphoma with ‘double-hit’ +/- TdT expression.
Lymphomas with plasmablastic Morphology
- Lymphomas with plasmablastic morphology at extracavitary and extraosseous sites.
Examples include: extracavitary primary effusion lymphoma, ALK-positive large B-cell lymphoma, plasmablastic myeloma/plasmacytoma, diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with plasmablastic differentiation, HHV8-positive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma NOS.
Bone Marrow Workshops .
The bone marrow workshop invites submission of cases in the following categories:
Paediatric Myeloid Neoplasms
- Paediatric myeloid neoplasms and related diseases with exclusion of cases associated with germline predisposition (including cases associated with Down syndrome) or cases of AML with recurrent genetic abnormalities).
Examples include: Paediatric MDS, Paediatric MPNs, Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukaemia.
AML of Ambiguous Lineage
- AML of ambiguous lineage and other cases of acute leukaemia hard to classify.
Examples include: Acute Undifferentiated Leukaemia, Mixed Phenotype Acute Leukaemia, AML with partial blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell differentiation, AML with partial mast cell differentiation (myelomastocytic leukaemia), AML associated with accessory cell tumours (AML associated with Histiocytic sarcoma).
Adult Myelofibrotic Myeloid Neoplasms
- Adult myelofibrotic myeloid neoplasms (with exclusion of classical MPNs, M/L Neoplasms with eosinophilia and gene rearrangement, Chronic Eosinophilic Leukaemia and related conditions and Mastocytosis).
Examples include: myeloid neoplasia presenting with a fibrotic marrow such as Acute Panmyelosis with Myelofibrosis, MDS with fibrosis and mimics.
- Case text is limited to 3,500 characters
- Case must be submitted in English
- Please structure your case as follows:
- Case Description
- Biopsy Fixation Details
- Frozen Tissue Available
- Details of Microscopic Findings
- Molecular Studies
- Proposed Diagnosis
- Interesting Feature(s) of Submitted Case
- No tables and no graphics can be used
- All cases must contain original work
- Please indicate your preferred type of presentation (oral or poster) and choose a topic
- Please upload your slides (max. 10 MB, PDF or PowerPoint)
- Please check spelling and grammar carefully. All abstracts will be published as submitted
- Ten H&E and 15 unstained sections (in cases with very limited tissue please prioritise unstained sections).
- Please clearly label the slides with the ‘Lymphoma Workshop Number’ generated at case submission (e.g. EAHP20-LYWS-300).
- Print out the Lymphoma Workshop case abstract that is generated after submission and send along with the glass slides.
- Include contact details (email) of the submitting/corresponding author in the package that will be sent.
- Please indicate that goods have “a commercial value of €1.00” to avoid customs and import duties.
After Case Submitting
Cases must be sent to Snjezana Dotlic (Lymphoma Workshop) or Umberto Gianelli (Bone Marrow Workshop) by January 10, 2020. Please indicate that goods have “a commercial value of 1.00 EUR” to avoid customs and import duties.
Please note that a copy of the case details should be enclosed along with the slides that are sent to Snjezana and Umberto.
Cases will be organized into sessions using the topics chosen by the submitter in the online system but may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Workshop Panel.
Dr. Snjezana Dotlic
Department of Pathology and Cytology
University Hospital Center Zagreb
Dr. Umberto Gianelli
UOC di Anatomia Patologica (Padiglione Bosisio I piano)
IRCCS Fondazione Ca’ Granda – Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico
Via Francesco Sforza, 35